Branding Yourself Online: 10 Steps to Creating a Potent Personal Brand Identity on the Internet
When promoting on the Internet, a personal approach is ideal. Although glitzy advertising may still work in the offline world, when people go online, they don’t connect with logos, theme songs or mission statements.
They connect with people!
And when lots of people know who you are and what you stand for, you are in an incredible position to better your life and profit from your notoriety. That’s the essence of the brand called YOU.
In 2001 I wrote a highly acclaimed book called Poor Richard’s Branding Yourself Online – one of the first books about creating a personal brand identity on the Internet.
The book has been out of print for years. But recently I took the best timeless principles from the book, updated them for the modern era, and released it as an ebook – Available in both PDF and AZW KINDLE file formats.
It’s like a mini course on “How to Use the Internet to Become a Celebrity or Expert in Your Field.”
Here’s just some of what you’ll find inside:
- Four ways to build trust and credibility online
- The hidden aspect that people rarely think of when it comes to personal branding
- How to develop a fan-club mentality online
- The importance of having a hook to hang your branding hat on
- How one man ditched his career as a lawyer to become an artist (but he did it in a very specific way)
- Branding lessons from Eric Clapton, Wayne Gretzky and Rush Limbaugh
- How to become your own “king of left-handed bowlers”
- Why Tim Ferris, Marie Forleo and Danielle LaPorte have strong personal brands
- How to make yourself the #1 expert in your field
- Why you need to create and use a BIS to cut through the clutter
- The three types of names you can use online
- How to describe who you are, what you do, and the unique way you do it in one simple sentence
- The 7 components of your Brand-Building Game Plan
- A book excerpt from “Unleash the Artist Within“
- A book excerpt from “The DIY Career Manifesto“
Are You Ready to Create a Potent Brand Identity Online?
Branding Yourself Online is available as an ebook and audiobook only.
Here are links to get the ebook on Amazon in 12 countries:
Note: You don’t need a Kindle device to read it. This page explains the many ways to read Kindle ebooks.