What About Bob?
Bob Baker is an author, speaker, musician, and visual artist dedicated to showing creative people of all kinds how to get exposure, connect with fans, sell more, and increase their incomes through their artistic passions.
He is the author of the highly acclaimed Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook, which appeared in the major motion picture The School of Rock, starring Jack Black and Miranda Cosgrove. (See screenshots of that scene here.)
Bob also created the Music Marketing 101 course, which ran for five years at Berklee Online, the continuing education division of Berklee College of Music in Boston. CD Baby called him “The Godfather of Independent Music Marketing.”
He has appeared in the media on NPR’s “Morning Edition” and “Marketplace” and in such publications as Electronic Musician, Music Connection, The Guardian in the U.K., Canadian Musician, Publishers Weekly, VIBE magazine, E! Online, and even The Onion!
Bob’s most popular books, audio programs and online courses:
- 55 Ways to Promote and Sell Your Book on the Internet
- The Guerrilla Guide to BOOK Marketing
- BOOK Marketing Online: The Guerrilla Guide to Building Your Author Platform
- Branding Yourself Online: 10 Steps to Creating a Potent Personal Brand Identity on the Internet
- Unleash the Artist Within
- Mega Book Publicity: 5 Steps to Getting Free Media Exposure for Your Books
- The DIY Career Manifesto
- Guerrilla Music Marketing Handbook
- Guerrilla Music Marketing Online
- Music Publicity Insider’s Guide
- 19 Cash Flow Strategies for Musicians and Bands
- Social Media Marketing for Musicians
- How to Make Money as a DIY Artist
- The Guerrilla Music Marketing eCourse – Module 1
- Holiday Music Marketing
Here are a number of places where Bob has been interviewed or featured in the media:
NPR’s Marketplace – Listen at the 2:38 mark. Bob comments on the strategy that One Direction used to pre-sell their new album, in a segment produced by David Weinberg.
Publishers Weekly – Bob is quoted in the article “DIY: How to Build Buzz for Self-Published Books” by Alex Palmer.
7 Marketing Mistakes Independent Artists Make – “Seeds of Music” podcast with Kyle Williams.
3 Simple Steps to Effective Music Marketing – The “Acoustic Living” podcast with Ryan Spearman.
Music Marketing Minutes podcast with Billy Grisack.
How to Achieve Success with Your Passions – The Sharon Ballantine Show.
The Go Fire Yourself podcast with Laurel Staples.
The How to Quit Working podcast with Jeff Steinmann.
NPR’s Morning Edition – Bob comments on “Clear Channel: Swap Exposure for Royalties,” a segment produced by Neda Ulaby.
The Guardian – Bob is quoted in a story on virtual record labels by Johnny Black.